Experienced Attorneys Helping Car Accident Victims.

Call Us at 844-863-0421
Car Accident Legal Help 844-863-0421

I was in a car accident while in my friend’s vehicle. Other vehicle was at fault.

Question: I was the passenger in an accident where the other driver was at fault. He told the police and his insurance company that it was his fault. They both have full coverage insurance. I went to the emergency room because my neck was hurting, but they said that it was just a bad sprain. When I woke up the next morning, my shoulder was hurting and has been ever since. Should I go back to the doctor for my shoulder? I have never been in an accident before so I don’t know what to do next?

Answer: The other party’s insurance company should contact you for a statement. Under no circumstances should you talk to them without first consulting with your personal injury attorney. Do not give the adverse insurance carrier access to your medical records by signing a medical release. You are not under an obligation to give them anything or talk with them. You should immediately see your doctor or go to the emergency room so that you can document the fact that you are still hurting from the accident. Any delay or break in treatment will be used against you by the other party’s insurance to argue that you are not hurt. Remember, the insurance carriers are not your friends, nor your good neighbors. The sole goal of any insurance company is to pay you nothing or as little as possible on your claim. You should consult an experienced personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible, as you will surely need representation in this instance.

Comments are closed.

Car Accident Hotline 844-863-0421