Experienced Attorneys Helping Car Accident Victims.

Call Us at 844-863-0421

What type of doctor can do the impairment rating in an auto accident case?

Question: Can I use a chiropractor or osteopath that uses AMA impairment guidelines or does it have to be a medical doctor?

Answer: You could use a chiropractor or an osteopath, however, a medical doctor would be preferable and particularly one who is certified by the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners. You will find that the opposing insurance carrier in your case will spare no expense to obtain a contrary opinion from an extremely well-qualified examiner. It is best to meet fire with fire. Hopefully, you have or will retain a personal injury attorney who can help you prosecute your claim. While a chiropractor may have been your first treating physician following your accident, you will not receive full value for your case in negotiations or at trial unless you receive treatment and an opinion from an orthopedic specialist and/or neurologist (both MD’s). Most insurance companies now evaluate cases by the use of computer programs which return very low settlement and trial values to cases where the only treatment is chiropractic. Your attorney should be aware of this and incorporate the MD opinions in both the pre-suit demand and if necessary, at trial. If your attorney is not aware of these things, you must immediately contact an experienced personal injury attorney in your area for a free consultation to fight for what you are entitled to.

Car Accident Hotline 844-863-0421